Contrary to popular belief, Friday or Sunday weddings are preferred by many couples planning a ‘destination’ wedding, or who have a considerable number of guests flying from other cities. Here are five reasons and benefits:
1. You get to offer guests a ‘wedding weekend’ of activities not just one day. A popular weekend itinerary is Friday night wedding, Saturday night downtown dance party, Sunday morning farewell brunch. This gives you more time with your favorite friends and beloved family members making them feel special and their trip "worth" the travel cost.
2. For traditionalists who want a rehearsal dinner or event before the wedding, a Sunday wedding allows this to happen on Saturday. An alternative evening event or a rehearsal brunch saves money and gives guests an opportunity to enjoy Sedalia.
3. Everyone who flies will want to experience the local action and appreciate a mini-vacation. It’s a popular town with lots to do. Even guests coming for a Saturday night wedding are inclined to stay over an extra night. Give your guests an excuse for a long weekend and they will love you for it.
4. Having a Friday or Sunday (or weekday) wedding is a natural way to trim your guest list. We feel it is much better to have the wedding of your dreams and fewer guests, than spending your budget on lots of people you may not know that well. Those who really want to be there will be regardless of the day.
5. Other popular vendors are more likely to be available. We feel that couples automatically assume Saturdays are the only day they can consider, but it is much more important to get the vendors, LOCATION, season, setting and style of wedding you want than it is the day of the week.
Written by Linda & the Cedarwood Event Team